Annual GTTI Award for PhD Theses in the field of Communication Technologies
- GTTI establishes an annual Award in recognition of the best PhD Theses defended at an Italian University in the areas of Communications Technologies (Signal Processing, Digital Communications, Networking)
- The Theses will be evaluated by a Committee (to be renewed every year) whose members are distinguished Professors and non-academic experts in the field.
- The Committee will evaluate the Theses received after the call according to their technical and scientific relevance (both in absolute terms and relatively to the subject of the work), and also considering the working environment. The main aspects to be considered are originality and innovation, as well as the author's research autonomy and clarity of exposition.
- The Committee will issue a maximum of three Awards per year. Each Award is constituted by a diploma and of a prize of 1,500 Euros delivered to the winners during the annual GTTI meeting to be held in Udine, June 21-23, 2017 .
- For the 2017 Award the Committee will only consider submitted PhD Theses defended in the period between May 1st, 2016 and April 30, 2017.
- After successful completion of the final PhD defense, the candidates may apply for the Award by sending to GTTI the
- final version of the Thesis
- final assessment expressed by the local Doctorate Committee after completion of the PhD program
- final report issued by the PhD jury after the defense of the Thesis
- Signed application form with a declaration of conformity that documents 1, 2, and 3. are identical to the original
- A summary of the Thesis enhancing in short innovative aspects, main results, theoretical contributions, possible applications
(maximum 1 page A4, format pdf, line spacing 1.5, character size 11 or 12).
2017 EditionAll material has to be sent in electronic form (.pdf format) to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org within May 15, 2017, h. 24:00 CET (early submission is encouraged in order to facilitate the review process).
Submission of document 3. above, if not available at the date of application, can be delayed no later than June 01, 2017, h. 24:00.
Templates for documents 4. above is available from here in pdf and .docx format.
For further information, all interested parties should contact Prof. Roberto Cusani
A pdf version of this call is available in English here and in Italian here .