Annual GTTI Award for PhD Theses in the field of Communication Technologies
- GTTI establishes an annual Award for outstanding PhD Theses carried out at Italian Universities in the areas of Communications Technologies (Signal Processing, Digital Communications, Networking).
- A Committee (to be renewed every year) is instituted whose members are Pro-fessors and non-academic experts in the field.
- The Committee will evaluate the Theses received after the call according to their technical and scientific relevance both in absolute terms and in relation with the subject of the work, also considering the working environment. The main aspects to be considered are originality and innovation, as well as author's research au-tonomy and clarity of exposition.
- The Committee will issue a maximum of 3 Awards per year. Each Award is con-stituted by a diploma and of a prize of 1,500 Euros delivered to the winners during the annual GTTI meeting (usually held in June).
- The 2010 Committee is made up of the components of the 'Giunta GTTI'. Will be considered only submitted PhD Theses which final discussion has been held in the period between May 1st, 2009 and April 30, 2010.
- After successful completion of the final PhD defense, the candidates may apply for the Award by sending to GTTI the following documentation:
- final version of the Thesis
- final judgement expressed by the local Doctorate Committee after completion of the PhD program
- final report expressed by the PhD jury after the defense of the Thesis
- Signed application form with a declaration of conformity that documents 1,2 and 3. are identical to the original
2010 EditionAll material has to be sent in electronic form (.pdf format) to the e-mail address email@example.com within May 09, 2010, h. 24:00.
Submission of document 3. above, if not available at the date of application, can be delayed no later than June 01, 2010, h. 24:00.
Templates for documents 4. above is available from here in pdf and .doc format.
For further information, all interested parties should contact Prof. Roberto Cusani
A pdf version of this call is available in English here and in Italian here .
Dott.ssa Chiara BURATTI, "Wireless Ambient Networks", Tutor Prof. Roberto VERDONE, Università di Bologna
Dr. Marco BERTOLINI, "Phase modulated long-haul optical transmission with differential and coherent detection", Tutor Prof. Alberto BONONI, Università di Parma
Dr. Simone SAVASTA, "GNSS Localisation techniques in Interfered Environments", Tutor Prof.ssa Letizia LO PRESTI, Politecnico di Torino